[Jacob-list] Catching Rams

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 7 18:02:39 EDT 2009

The usual method here has always been to get them into a small catch
area by letting them think there is food involved, and then squeezing
them down into a smaller area...with no way of escape. I have to laugh
when I watch Greg catch Erasmus, who has to be the calmest ram we have
ever owned. He is usually interested enough in what is going on with
the young guys that he will approach to watch and just stand there.
Greg walks up to him and takes his lateral (kind of reminds me of a man
taking a lady's arm to escort her) and then the two of them walk
together to his containment hut where he can be locked up, worked on,
fed, whatever. It's pretty funny to watch!

Cathy
http://www.perfectspot-farm.com/index.html