[Jacob-list] Catching Rams

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Mon Sep 7 17:17:53 EDT 2009

What's everyone's favorite way of catching adult rams?

Dave likes to corner them, leaving them a narrow escape route, and grab
them as they run by. I can't do that well as that initial jolt to my
hand is more than my old hand can handle.

I like getting them in a small area made from panels and then swing one
of the panels in to squeeze them in a really small space with no room to
bolt. Then I can catch and hold them without that jarring grab. Or just
keep them squeezed for worming or shots.

Just curious as to other ways.

Linda
--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>