[Jacob-list] beginning wheel

hobbyknobfarm hobbyknobfarm at main.nc.us
Sun Nov 29 09:01:18 EST 2009

I learned on a Louet and liked it alot, then I took a class with a Lendrum and loved it even more. So I bought a used Majacraft Suzie. After a year or so I realized I liked the Lendrum better and bought one slightly used. Eventually sold the majacraft. My friend Elke who also raises Jacobs and teaches is a distributer for a Baynes (sp) wheel which is also an easy wheel and reasonably priced. It is a nice small upright wheel and I liked using it also. As you can see, everyone ends up with their favorite wheel. Good luck. If you can get to a fiber festival in the spring you can check out lots of different wheels. Or is you can get to a store like Earthguild here in Asheville, you can try out different wheels.
Elizabeth