[Jacob-list] spinning

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 28 22:29:24 EST 2009

I was wondering which/what type spinning wheel would you seasoned

> spinners reccomend for a total beginner. And while we are on the

> subject which carders are preferred by you veterans as well.

> Thanks

> Paul

===============
The spinning expert in our group recommends the Louet wheel for beginners
and it looks like it is a favorite on this list as well. I have a Lendrum
double treadle which I really like. The Lendrum double treadle spinning
wheel is popular in this area, but I don't know if it is a good beginner's
wheel; however, I learned on it. Another handy feature of the Lendrum is
that it folds up and can be carried in a shoulder bag. It also depends on
how much money one wishes to spend, some wheels are very expensive

As for carders, I bought a Strauch Drum Carder, it is chain driven and
built to last. Other carders are belt driven.

For used equipment, also try the following:
Used Equipment - All Fiber Arts
http://www.kbbspin.org/ Places for weavers and spinners to barter, list and
find used looms, spinning wheels, tools, equipment and ... Spinners' and
Weavers' Housecleaning Pages ...

There are other sites on the Internet, but the one above is commonly used
and a safe site.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho