[Jacob-list] beginning spinner

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Nov 28 21:05:41 EST 2009

There are Jacobs in Myakka City, West Palm Beach, and Punta Gorda that I
know of, although none of them register. There are many fiber and
spinning guilds in Florida. The Manasota Weavers Guild
http://www.manasotaweaversguild.com/ located in the Sarasota/Bradenton
area is quite active with many very talented spinners and weavers as
well as hosting some great workshops. My mother was a member. The guild
is a very helpful group and might be able to help you find a good used
wheel.
The http://www.pinellasweavers.org/ also has spinners.
There is another guild in the Tampa area that does spinning workshops,
but I don't remember the name right off. Many of the weaving guilds have
talented spinners as members and do sponsor spinning get togethers
and/or workshops.
Florida is neither sheep nor spinner deprived *smile*.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>