[Jacob-list] spinning

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Nov 28 15:22:20 EST 2009

I tried out one of my student's double treadle Kromski Sonata last week.
I really liked it as a beginner wheel - nicely balanced and not "fussy"
to adjust. If you didn't need a folding wheel, you are paying extra for
that feature, though. I currently have a Kromski Polonaise (and one of
those ugly pvc electric spinners) and it can be a little fussy to adjust
until you get a feel for it.

If you're talking drum carders, I've had two Patrick Greens and loved
them both, but there are many excellent carders out there now. It's
mostly a matter of finding one that handles the type of wool you want to
card. Jacob is a really easy fiber to work with. I can't really think of
any carder that couldn't do a good job on Jacob with the proper cloth.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>