[Jacob-list] Primitive characteristics

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Nov 18 18:28:14 EST 2009

That would sure make the Huntsberger flock primitive, after living for
so many years on an uninhabited island off the coast of Maine.

What sort of behavior is primitive? Like most people, I don't much care
for a ram that tears the fence down to get to ewes, but isn't that what
you would see in a wild flock? I want a ram that is easy for me to
handle - but is that primitive behavior?

On the same vein, what is a primitive fleece? Is there a primitive
fleece? I think Soays are considered among the most primitive of sheep
(Neal - jump in here and correct me). We sure wouldn't accept a Soay
fleece in JSBA.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>