[Jacob-list] Jacob-list] Great Information Re:Primitive

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 12 22:25:54 EST 2009

> A sheep browsing on its hind legs, that would be interesting to see. Of

all the primitive traits that

>Linda brought up, our sheep exhibit all but the browsing. I wonder if I

can

>train them?!?

>Chris

========
I have seen some of my wethers do this. We have an elderberry tree in
their paddock, I'm surprised it is still alive after 13 years with the
sheep. All the other plants in there were removed long ago. The sheep
will stand on their hind legs to reach the upper leaves and perhaps the
berries. I have never seen them eat the berries. The red berries of
certain elderberry species are poisonous. We have the blue-colored
berries. No losses of sheep from nibbling at this tree. I put a heavy
gauge wire fence around the trunk to protect it.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho