[Jacob-list] Primitive and history

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Mon Nov 9 04:56:58 EST 2009

"God's Secretaries" * did a pretty good job with the Hebrew Bible, actually. Most of the problems with the King James Version came because they had a less accurate copy of the Greek New Testament to work with. Here is the verse in question in the Hebrew Bible in English ( http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0130.htm ). I'll let Jews translate their own scripture.

30:32 I will pass through all thy flock to-day, removing from thence every speckled and spotted one, and every dark one among the sheep, and the spotted and speckled among the goats; and of such shall be my hire. 33 So shall my righteousness witness against me hereafter, when thou shalt come to look over my hire that is before thee: every one that is not speckled and spotted among the goats, and dark among the sheep, that if found with me shall be counted stolen.'

* I highly recommend this book, Ithink it's by Adam Nickolson.

Neal Grose