[Jacob-list] Scrapies

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sun Nov 8 19:20:16 EST 2009

Is scrapie non-existent in Florida, or are there few enrolled flocks?

Southwind in NY has tested most of their flock and all of their rams.
The results are listed on their website. Many other breeders have
tested. While I would probably not use a QQ ram (if I knew), I would
hope that breeders are not culling QQ ewes. The breed is rare and using
an RR ram on a QQ ewe will give you QR lambs.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>