[Jacob-list] Primitive?

Shannon Phifer kenleighacres at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 13:26:05 EST 2009

For some interesting reading along the same topic, you can visit the archives -http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/jacob-list- December 2000.  There are some very good points discussed.  I believe there are many pieces that go into making a primitive sheep, one of those being looks, but if we throw out the sheep that don't 'look' primitive then we may be throwing out the other traits, such as mothering ability, hardiness, etc.  I also agree that primitive should not mean small.  I have several individuals in our flock that I consider to have primitive body styles, but their frame is as big as some of our more 'improved' looking sheep.  I love the diversity that the Jacob breed offers.

Shannon Phifer
Kenleigh Acres Farm
www.kenleigh-acres.com
That'll Do Photography