[Jacob-list] question - effects of crop applications

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 15 23:15:50 EDT 2009

[Jacob-list] question - effects of crop applications
==========
Be sure to find out who is doing the chemical applications. The pilots of
spray planes try very hard to target their applications, but sometimes
there is misapplication or drifting. We have been on some cases where we
had to assess damages done to vegetation on neighbor's properties. The
business that runs the chemical application (in our area they are the crop
dusters) carries insurance to cover any "accidental" spraying damages. The
neighbor can offer some help, but you really need to contact the people
hired to do the chemical applications. They can also tell you what is
being sprayed, plus it's a good idea to let them know you have livestock.
We have found them to be very helpful and they want to do a good job
without hurting the neighbors. In fact, on one case, we were hired by the
crop duster himself. He knew he had accidentally sprayed someone's
property and damaged their trees.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho