[Jacob-list] Worming lambs

Chris and Tina Griffin griffin45 at live.com
Fri Jun 19 14:02:36 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I am trying to decide what to do with my lambs. We had a lamb die from a Parasite infestation and as wet as it is here I am concerned that we might loose more. Using the FAMACHA method like Linda said I am able to really identify those sheep in jeopardy. I have Cydectin drench for sheep, but it is not recommended for lambs less than 4 months. Since I am not sure what to use, I spotted the lambs with 2.5 ml of Cydectin pour on for cattle. We give this to goats as a drench and it works well against a large number of parasites and worms. Of the 4 lambs that we have only one is anemic to the point of me being concerned. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris and Tina
Griffin's Ark, Chatham, VA
www.griffinsark.com