[Jacob-list] OK.. I am understanding the Showring frustration

JACI SIEHL wedohoney at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 26 19:03:50 EST 2009

No mattter what, you still need to keep trying.  Also, when you sell sheep try to encourage the buyer to enter their sheep in shows.  One time I even offered to pay the entry fee and feed and water their animals at the fair - all they had to do was be there to show.  Doing that brings more Jacob sheep to the show and possibly enough for a class of their own - or at least getting the judges more familiar with the breed.

It took me several years but we did finally get a colored wool show at our fair - unfortunately I am against Merino and Wensleydales so you know where my sheep rank.  But it is a very popular show and worth the worth the effort.

Every show I attend I am a winner - even without bringing home a ribbon.  The sheep are so well received by the public and awareness to natural fibers, primitive breeds, and something besides lamburger on the hoof is worth it.

Jack and Jaci