[Jacob-list] OK.. I am understanding the Showring frustration

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 15:15:29 EST 2009

I get what you all have been saying!? We did not do really well last year at the National Western, but showing at the Wool/Handspinning shows has more than made up for it.....

This weekend, we took 13 head to the National Western, and it wasnt pretty.? My best sheep were buried.... I did manage to win one class..... With a ram that is being castrated next week (we left him a ram longer than the others as he will be a fleece wether, and we wanted a cool set of horns)..... He went along as he was in the same pen as the other rams that went, and is a pet, so he likes the crowds.... He is probably 90% black, and honestly, we refer to him as "the midget" as he is half the size of the other rams his age.....( he can be see on my website as a lamb...even then we knew he was a fleece wether prospect) My nicest sheep were all scattered among the bottom of each class.

So with that said... you all can feel free to tell me "I told you so" LOL.

If nothing else, we did get to educate quite a few folks about the breed!

Jennifer Tucker
www.MooseMtnRanch.com