[Jacob-list] strange question

Hannah hannah at knoxfarms.com
Mon Feb 2 07:43:19 EST 2009

Hello,

My church has a popcorn machine. There are two families at church with
chickens (us included) and that stuff never goes to waste. I would think
that you could feed it to sheep, but you would want to check the
ingredients on the theater's popping oil. Sometimes its no more than
coconut oil and flavoring. In this case it would be fine. However,
sometimes it has additives that even I wouldn't eat, much less feed to
sheep. When incorporating it into their ration, treat it like corn, in
that too much will cause hoof problems and the overgrowth of pre-birth
lambs.

Good luck!

Hk

--