[Jacob-list] trophy ranch

hobbyknobfarm hobbyknobfarm at main.nc.us
Thu Dec 31 22:24:08 EST 2009

Laura,
I had someone inquire about a ram last year and when I looked up the farm name it was a "trophy" farm with these exotic animals for "hunting" Luckily he didn't pursue the Jacob and I didn't have to decide what to do. I don't particularly think there is any sport to this at all , of course there is no sport to shining a bright light in an animals face to stun him/her and then shoot either. But I am not a hunter so that is just my opinion. I just hope they at least butcher them and eat them. One thing to hunt for food, another just for the sake of killing. I don't particularly care for sheep being used as they most likely will be curious and approach and then, bam. Not much of "sport" or hunting to that.Then again, if they are satisfied with killing animals maybe that keeps that from killing a human. BTW, the trophy farm was somewhere in NC. And then again, as Jennifer mentioned, is it any worse than slaughtering, just a different version. I also noticed many other horned breeds like possibly Navaho Churro or Icelandic.
Elizabeth