[Jacob-list] idea

Brenda brenda at brenalanfarm.com
Mon Dec 14 20:37:28 EST 2009

I was reading about Gotland sheep and found the following on their site:

"Where there is no dedicated Gotland class, the BGSS recommends that it is preferable to enter Gotlands in "Long Wool" or "Coloured" classes rather than "Primitive" classes. In such mixed class situations the BGSS provides "Best Gotland in Show" rosettes to be awarded and recommends information on our breed standards be given to judges beforehand wherever possible."

A rosette would be nice way to get a little extra notice and PR for our breed at sheep shows. Maybe JSBA could fund this? If not, maybe enthusiasts could take up a collection to get some made up so people going to the shows can arrange to have one sent to the person in charge.

Brenda