[Jacob-list] Jacob-list] Tay-Sachs in Jacob sheep - more carriers

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 20:48:54 EST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: gotothewhip at aol.com
To: Jacobflock at aol.com
Sent: Thu, Dec 10, 2009 6:48 pm
Subject: Re: [Jacob-list] Tay-Sachs in Jacob sheep - more carriers

Good information Fred! It is encouraging to see progress in this research, both for the Humans and our breed!

As most of you know we had a lamb born this year that wasn't quite right. "Wobbles" was tested for Tau-Sachs and was negative (We had him checked for everything under the sun at necropsy, and numerous vet visits before)

I will say that CSU was so cooperative, and excited to help out Dr Kolodny with blood and tissue. We used purple top tubes, as well as sending in organ samples after he was euthanised.

This is definitely something that is so important to our breed as well as the big picture.

BTW, the best guess diagnosis on Wobbles is Copper DEFICIENCY (not toxicity)

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch
Bennett, CO