[Jacob-list] generations...

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Dec 5 20:14:19 EST 2009

I sure wouldn't limit my gene pool to only D and above animals. The
first thing I look at when I get my flock book is the FF listing. Some
of the animals registered as FF might be auction sheep with no known
background - but some might be concentrated Lesseau via Fine Fettle or
Fieldwood via Culloden. I certainly was happy to add a Yakob-Tson ram to
my flock back in 2000, even though I had to register him as FF. The
Reynold's flock has recently come back to JSBA and are coming in as FF.
At this point in my breeding, I probably wouldn't go with an FF ram
unless the breeder had kept records (with pictures - especially of the
maternal line).I like to know whatever I can about the background of my
breeding stock. You are talking about a C generation ram, which I gather
from Betty's post is an Unzicker Captain son. Nice lines with plenty of
information available.
I have a beautiful F generation ewe from Gary. I bought her because she
is a nice ewe in all respects. I would have bought her if she had been
several generations down.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>