[Jacob-list] Cull Ewes/etc

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Thu Dec 3 17:40:14 EST 2009

It's my favorite thing, too. :-)

Along the same lines, I wonder if breeders might share what traits they
have found to be heritable and what traits they prefer not to have in
their flocks.

I find fleece to be highly heritable to the point that you can improve
fleece greatly in one generation if one parent has a great fleece.
Pigment only muzzles seem to be hard to get rid of.

I don't keep ewes with weak laterals, but I like lightly marked sheep
and have no problem with a slipped eye patch.

Linda

Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>