[Jacob-list] Cull Ewes

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Thu Dec 3 15:44:46 EST 2009

This is really a curious discussion.. I have given a few sheep away mostly to 4-H/FFA kiddos, and Those are usually my best show ewes as they are the ones who take them out in public to shows and the like. Nothing bothers me more than seeing a poor representative of the breed being displayed as a Jacob.. Petting Zoos are the worst for this in my experience! And I guess, working as an extension agent magnifies that exposure.

I do occasionally give a cull ram, that I wether to one of the kids I give a ewe to, so that they have company and a buddy if the ewe was going to be their only sheep.....And I would rather gift a wether than a cull ewe, as he is not likely to go to the shows and exhibitions to be seen by the public. where a cull ewe, may be bred, or shown down the line.

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch
Bennett, CO
www.MooseMtnRanch.com