[Jacob-list] Showing Jacobs

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 20:38:19 EDT 2009

We dont like that packed in look!? We "air out" or sheep.. Usually give them a day or so without a coat once a month or more, depending if they need a size change.? We have our coats a bit looser than most,? and have to put them back on more oftne than the tighter fitting coats... But I just dont like that packed look.. I think it takes away from the nice open fleece appearance that Jacobs have..... So Yes, it is a LOT of work (we had 20 head coated last year!)? ESPECIALLY the rams.. But It seems to make a diffrence in the fleece to me.

The Judge at Estes was in love with my lilac? Moose Mtn Lilly.? She was Grand ewe.... She had been coated, and only the very tips of her fleece showed it.? She had more dust in her than some of the shep that are tighter coated, but she had spring and feel to her... The jusdge said he wanted to take a nap on her!?? and that was a TOUGH show with a nice bunch of Gotland Sheep out of California and several other breeds.... with some classes haveing 12+ animals in it!

Jennifer Tucker

Moose Mtn Ranch