[Jacob-list] Jacob-list Digest, Vol 61, Issue 14

fourhornfarm fourhornfarm at verizon.net
Tue Aug 25 17:06:26 EDT 2009

Hello All,

We are staying around the same as last year with our Jacobs, 50 breeding
ewes and 4 breeding rams. we also currently have 12 ewe lambs which we will
sell some of and 7 rams that we will also sell some of.
The chickens will have to be reduced drastically as chicken feed is
outrageous to the point we can not afford to keep them. The same with
anything that eats mostly grain.
We are fortunate to live in Southern Indiana where there is a good
supply of good quality hay for the Winter and we have plenty of grass this
year because we have had rain even in July and August when it is normally
hotter and dryer than this year.
Our Jacobs have sold very well this year also, but we have had some
very nice lambs this year too. We have been very busy, but I have got to get
some ewe lamb photos on our web site as all the ewes on there have now been
sold. Some of the rams are still available. We have a couple of 4H rams left
and some very nice 2H rams and one 4H ram lamb that I need to put on the web
site.

Regards to All,
Carl & Judy