[Jacob-list] downsizing

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Mon Aug 24 17:57:14 EDT 2009

We pay anywhere from $50/ton to $240/ton for hay, although I'm not sure
I'm going to get much of the $240/ton hay this year. It works out a
little better in terms of having to haul it to supplement with alfalfa
cubes or pellets and add some grain when I need to.It saves a bit of
money to buy rolls, especially since the farmer has been rolling me
300lb rolls - much easier to work with then the 1000lb rolls we used to
get. Being self sufficient enough to grow your own hay certainly sound
wonderful.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>