[Jacob-list] In defense of Stern Tanning

Patty B honeybucket at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 22:36:36 EDT 2008

I am sorry but I have to respond to this. I don't see any mention of the
very poor financial offerings that have been made to those of us who sent
our skins to be processed, nor to the issue of his not responding to
inquiries of what is happening, nor (and I didn't mention this earlier) the
fact that no place on his website for months after the fire was there any
mention of the fact that the fire occurred and he was unable to do ANY
processing. IN addition, I was informed that my skins(and many other SHEEP
sknis) were in a building that HAD NO INSURANCE coverage. Not so for the
skins of game animals. What kind of responsible businessman conducts his
business like that? I am truly sorry for his loss but I also have
experienced a loss, as have many of his other customers.
The location in San Francisco did NOT take a year for return---I got skins
back in several months. I've never had to wait lengthy times like I did at
Stern.
Right now I'm not butchering my sheep so where to send skins is not an
issue. But I do think we have the responsibility to share information about
problems we have had and let others make up their own minds as to whom to
use.
Patty Berke
Flying Coyote Farm