[Jacob-list] Pelt processors

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 12 18:28:29 EDT 2008

>I guess I'll never see any of my pelts. I have one at Lonestar and three

at Stern's. It's abit disappointing as this is the first year I've sent
pelts >out.

>Linda

=========
You *might* see the Lonestar sheepskin again, perhaps by summer of 2009,
that would be a 2 year turnaround..

A friend of mine sells sheepskins at our Farmer's Market and on her
website. She does not like Bucks. She told me that they cut the pelts
smaller than what she sends. I suppose they come out looking like
rectangles where the leg parts have been cut off. Is this true? Lonestar
leaves the leg parts on, even if they are quite long. I have a pelt ready
to send to Bucks because they are the only processors left that I know
about.

Another friend lost sheepskins in the Sterns fire. They were from sheep
that meant a lot to her so it was an emotional loss as well.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho