[Jacob-list] Lonestar Wool & Fur

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Oct 11 13:03:53 EDT 2008

I sent it from SAFF last year with a woman that works p/t at Lonestar, so I thought I might have an "in". I also sent along a deposit check, which has been cashed. I heard from them in June that my pelt was scheduled to be processed that month and would be shipped to me in July. That's the last I've heard from them.
I did send three to Stern's last summer, but I doubt they are finished yet. They were at that time accepting pelts for storage, with no guarantee as to turn around. I'm quite disappointed in Lonestar, especially since pelts are usually pretty good sellers at SAFF

I will listen to you from now on!
Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com

>>Anyone heard from Lone Star lately? I've been trying to get my pelt back

for over a month and now I see their website no longer exists.
=========
Linda, you didn't heed my past warnings about this company...<grin>.
Lonestar has a glut of pelts and is not taking any more. I FINALLY
received my sheepskins after waiting two years. You will have a very
loooooong wait. It looks like David is trying to do all the work by
himself!!

Copy of post I sent to sheep-l:

>After waiting more than two years, I received my spotted Jacob sheepskins

yesterday from Lonestar Wool & Fur in NC. As some of you recall, I thought
they were long gone, so nice that the tanner kept them. That wasn't the
case. David the tanner was inundated with animal skins and it took a long
time to process them. It would've been nice if he had contacted his
customers, but I suppose he was very busy. Too many deer skins! He did a
good job on my sheepskins, except one has a small hole with some flakes of
chewed pieces of hide, probably rodent damage. This was a new company and
had (has??) some growing pains. Without Sterns Tanning, there are just a
few places to send pelts. I reluctantly recommend Lonestar, these are
machine washable pelts, not cut down to a smaller size, but you might wait
a long time to get your sheepskins back.

'Better late than never', I always say.

Any news about Sterns Tanning? My friend sent her pelts where they are
stored until the tannery is operating again.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho