[Jacob-list] Lonestar Wool & Fur

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 11 12:35:04 EDT 2008

>>Anyone heard from Lone Star lately? I've been trying to get my pelt back

for over a month and now I see their website no longer exists.
=========
Linda, you didn't heed my past warnings about this company...<grin>.
Lonestar has a glut of pelts and is not taking any more. I FINALLY
received my sheepskins after waiting two years. You will have a very
loooooong wait. It looks like David is trying to do all the work by
himself!!

Copy of post I sent to sheep-l:

>After waiting more than two years, I received my spotted Jacob sheepskins

yesterday from Lonestar Wool & Fur in NC. As some of you recall, I thought
they were long gone, so nice that the tanner kept them. That wasn't the
case. David the tanner was inundated with animal skins and it took a long
time to process them. It would've been nice if he had contacted his
customers, but I suppose he was very busy. Too many deer skins! He did a
good job on my sheepskins, except one has a small hole with some flakes of
chewed pieces of hide, probably rodent damage. This was a new company and
had (has??) some growing pains. Without Sterns Tanning, there are just a
few places to send pelts. I reluctantly recommend Lonestar, these are
machine washable pelts, not cut down to a smaller size, but you might wait
a long time to get your sheepskins back.

'Better late than never', I always say.

Any news about Sterns Tanning? My friend sent her pelts where they are
stored until the tannery is operating again.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho