[Jacob-list] winter shearing

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Nov 26 13:56:59 EST 2008

Thanks - I had not even thought of the effects of the extra wool growth come August. We did have a case here one year of heat-induced sterility with an adult (proven to be fertile and negative for b.ovis) ram that came here the first of October with a 10 month fleece. Coupled with his rather enthusiastic pursuit of the ewes, he was rendered sterile for that year. I think I'd rather not go into another breeding season with that much wool growth on my rams.

Linda