[Jacob-list] winter shearing

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 00:55:59 EST 2008

In central OH, I do not get the shearing done until end-of Mar or so, middle of lambing or near the end.

A guy nearby, Glenn High with Shrops and Targhees says he shears in Dec when they go in the barn.  His son Roger is the Ohio Sheep Improvement Assoc. leader in OH and Glenn is in his 70's.  Another fellow Larry with Montadales does not get to it until June or July some years.and his cousin is the guy I call to shear mine.

There should be a Sheep Improvement assoc in your state of maybe FSA that can advise also.

Feb here is the worst and so unpredictable.  Mar is starting to get decent again.  Right now we still have Nov and it is snowy, wet and crummy, but not bitter cold yet.