[Jacob-list] Thanks for the suggestions on Docking

Chris and Tina Griffin griffin45 at live.com
Sat Nov 8 05:50:24 EST 2008

Hi All,
Tina and I have decided not to Dock. I watched the sheep yesterday for most of the day (I was building them a shade shelter in the pasture) and the information that I received from all of you about the semi-prehensile tail of the Jacobs was invaluable. As soon as I saw the movement of the tail I knew we could feel more at ease with fly-strike and just be vigilant with our sheep. They are a bit slower to acclimate to people than goats are, but they also were pastured and left alone by their previous owners. Now the big question! I would like to take some pictures of the sheep and send them to anyone who will give me a good and honest opinion of the quality of these sheep. As I said in my previous post we are new to Jacobs and we have looked at them in regards to what we have read here on the internet, but having one week of experience with them, I think that we could certainly use some expert opinions.

Have a great and blessed day,
Chris