[Jacob-list] Question on choking

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 12:24:52 EDT 2008

I just got a call from a lady who bought some sheep from me this summer.? She is new to jacobs, but owns Baby Doll Southdowns, and takes amazing care of her animals.

The yearling ram I sold her was coughing up chewed up hay.? I went thru the normal choke questions.... She was feeding NO grain at all, and the hay he was fed, he was not real greedy about taking in, he nibbled at it.? No big changes in the feed either.? She had called both local vets, but neither was available.

This morning, he was hunched up, and foamy....and while explaining the situation to me he died.? Ive never had a sheep choke on hay before.. any insight?

Jennifer Tucker
www.MoosMtnRanch.com
Bennett, CO