[Jacob-list] Lamb having trouble breathing or swallowing?

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 22:35:49 EDT 2008

>Thanks, Cathy

>I didn't know that about pepto-bismol. It's good to know of things we can

run to the drugstore to get in an emergency. Are there forms of >charcoal
that are safe other than the activated charcoal that you buy from a vet
supply?

>Linda

=======
Charcoal is sold at local pet shops and probably online pet shops. It is
packaged for pet birds, but it probably doesn't take much for a lamb.
Sometimes our Airedale terrier will eat charcoal (cold) out of our
fireplace. The dog must know what is good for an upset stomach.

Laura Lawson mentions the use of Pepto Bismol in her ewe-lamb books. It
coats and protects the lamb's stomach and irritated intestines during the
scours, bottle baby scours.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho
Linda - I am still working on the fleece samples for you. Just don't have
time to work on fleeces :o(