[Jacob-list] Lamb having trouble breathing or swallowing?

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 15:27:04 EDT 2008

>One of our lambs is sort of throwing up but has foam coming out of his

mouth and having trouble breathing. He is shaking his head and >getting
some of it out but it just keeps coming back up. He did this once before
but it only lasted a short time. This was about two weeks >ago. This time
he is not stopping. We are new to this breed so would appreciate any
help/advice you can offer.
Charcoal is a good, safe remedy. There also is the liquid form of
Pepto-Bismol, given in a small dose to a lamb. Not only good antacid, but
the liquid form contains magnesium aluminum silicate also known as
"driller's mud". This "mud" in the Pepto binds to toxins (or other things
that make our stomach upset) and takes it out of the body. Perfectly safe
for people, dogs, sheep, etc.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho