[Jacob-list] swollen lamb

Paige Bowser paigebowser at gmail.com
Sun May 4 00:14:59 EDT 2008

Hello all - I came home today to find my bottle lamb looks like he has
swallowed a bowling ball. He is still on his formula, has alfalfa hay to
eat, and grain free choice. I don't think he is eating very much grain or
grass, he nibbles at the alfalfa, but then again I don't watch him 24 / 7.
We gave him some pepto, and read through the lamb problems section in
Raising Sheep the Modern Way. How common are "Water Belly" and "Urinary
Calculi" (sp) ? What do you guys think? He is 5 weeks old, and very small
compared to his brothers, but then again thats why he is on a bottle.
Thanks for your help!