[Jacob-list] Shearer

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Mar 26 19:13:40 EDT 2008

Now I really know how lucky I am! Randy starts by asking if we have any wethers - and he can certainly tell the rams from the ewes!

Do the Australian circuit shearers come your way? Last time I talked to Bill (years ago) he said he had sheared in every state except Tennessee and another state I can't remember. He may not still be shearing, but I'm pretty sure he was last year. He has something like 3000 of his own merinos in Australia. He and his wife take their "vacation" by starting to shear in the UK. I know he does alot in Ireland, but don't remember the other countries. Then they hit the US and work their way across the country. Is there a sheep growers coop or association in California? In Georgia, the coop schedules the circuit shearers route.

Good luck! I sure remember the days when I was going crazy hoping to get a shearer to come at all.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com