[Jacob-list] driving over fences

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Tue Mar 25 21:56:41 EDT 2008

At 12:48 3/25/2008, Robin Lynde wrote:

>I answered Jennifer's question about AGM. I talked about the

>program, but I didn't mention the food. The cost for the whole

>weekend is $50. That includes 5 meals! We have some great dinners

>planned as well as 3 other meals. So even if you don't want sheep

>info, you might want to come to eat!

>Also, someone asked awhile ago about solving the problem of sheep

>getting through the gate when people drive through. At AGM you will

>see some electric fencing that you can drive over!

Sheep and gates was me. Now I'm looking up to see where Dixon CA
is. Travel is usually difficult with a small child and a farm, but
I'll look at the information. I'm thinking it's around an 8 hour
drive before allowing for kid stops, from the map.

Aside from that, anyone got a name or manufacturer for that electric fencing?

I'm thinking the two gate method may be our best bet, but I don't
like it a whole lot. Or possibly digging out the cattle guard, if
that wouldn't undermine our fence posts ... and no one's looked yet.

peace,
penelope

--
"...Shine my life like a light..." (the indigo girls)

"Perhaps the biggest change will come
When we don't have to change much at all.
When maniacs holler "grow, grow, grow"
We can choose to be small." (Pete Seeger)

Penelope Jacob mailto:pcj at efn.org or mailto:penelope at dreamsandbones.net

The circle is open but unbroken.

http://www.dreamsandbones.net/blog