[Jacob-list] New lamb Questions

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 14:53:50 EDT 2008

Quick inquiry.. making sure Im not UNDER reacting. We weigh our lambs the
first few days.. Sometimes they are not much bigger on day 1-3 than their
birth weight (taken about 1-2 hrs after they are born)

My Fat ewe that lambed does not seem to have a lot of milk, but each time I
check her, there is a squirt or 2 in each teat (or it feels that way, I dont
milk her)

This morning her lamb was 4 oz lighter than he was last night. He seems
bright and alert.

Momma is a bit nervous, we watched her on the cameras last night, and I dont
think she laid down at all.. and really didn't eat anything until this
morning.

When do I worry?

Jennifer
Moose Mtn Ranch