[Jacob-list] Banged up horns

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 20:05:36 EDT 2008

A few of my yearling 2 horn rams have been playing a little rough. One ram
is a 1/2 Jacob.. has nice horns, but has peeled back several layers of horn.

Is there a good treatment for this? I have some Cut-Heal hoof dressing for
my horses, and it is labeled for goats and cattle, not a copper based
product, more of a penetrating oil....

Is this a good product, and does anyone know how this will grow out?

I kept him a ram as more of a Science project... I bought a registered ewe
at a sale, pregnant, but nobody knew what to.. Not a Jacob as he has a beard!!
...A friend is buying him for dog food next year.... so he doesn't care what
it tastes like (does the raw diet thing for his dog) Anyhow, we are keeping
him with our 2 horn rams we have kept as show-breeding stock....

he actually has SEVERAL layers of the horn missing at the base.

I was thinking of feeding Biotin (again, it works for horses hooves) to help
for growth and repair... any input?