[Jacob-list] hunting Jacobs

Paige Bowser paigebowser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:47:27 EDT 2008

I've been thinking on this since the 1st post about this ebay auction. I am
a country girl through and through, i eat meat, and want to get into hunting
with my husband next deer season. That being said, deer, racoons, birds;
they are all wild creatures, they can be found roaming the woods and
forests, and their population is controlled by hunting. Jacobs on the
other hand are not found running around in the forest. Their population is
controlled by many of you, breeders. They are used to being around people,
recognize people as their shepherds, the people that take care of them. I
just can't see Jacob sheep as a worthy hunting sport, would they really run?
for their lives? and then there is that fence....
I am not going to report the auction, because I think they have the right to
"do their thing" Maybe our association should send them a pamphlet so they
can change the description on their auction. "mostly brown with a lot of
wool" just doesn't do these boys justice.
PETA is a four letter word as someone else said, I'm on the board for our
local humane society, and honestly, there are worse things that could be
happening to these rams.