[Jacob-list] Who and Where are the Show Flocks???????

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 07:59:57 EST 2008

In central OH - we show primarily to promote the breed and the idea of conserving sheep/species on the ALBC list. We take the best specimens we have and I will send as mmany as 7 different yearlings to 4 fairs. When we win (often at 2 of the fairs - but the Ohio State Fair is just a static exhobit of 20 diff breeds), it is an added incentive. We have to sgow in the ALL OTHER BREEDS category against whatever other bring.

I also take the sheep to pageants and other show opps (may try nursing homes sometime with the llamas). Sat Mar 8 we are going to a B&B Open House with stock, fiber, and a pelt. My friend Dennis has aleady sold them some petting lambs and baby goats.

I would guess that the folks who routinely go to the Maryland Sheep and Wooll Fest have real show flocks. The Stacks in AR have many of my very best offspring from the last couple of years - I hope they are able to build a show flock with them.

Gotothewhip at aol.com wrote:
As you all know, We are pretty new to this, and are REALLY enjoying the show aspect (Mostly fueled by the winning) Am curious.. Are there breeders in the Jacob world that are known for their show sheep? And is there any record keeping as far as show ring sucess?

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch
Bennett, CO