[Jacob-list] ewe-tan-it and heritage chickens

fourhornfarm fourhornfarm at verizon.net
Sat Mar 1 19:14:08 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda
To: Jacob-list at jacobsheep.com
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:29 PM
Subject: [Jacob-list] ewe-tan-it and heritage chickens

Two separate subjects - I'm not looking to tan chicken hides.

Has anyone used Rittel's ewe-tan-it kit for tanning washable sheepskins? Also, are Buck's, Stern's and Lonestar really the only three tanneries?

Is anyone raising chickens from the ALBC conservation priority list? We're going to get chickens again and I'd like to get select a heritage breed. Suggestions? We are working with the Sicilian Buttercups Linda. We also have Exhibition Quality Barred Plymouth Rocks, Black Sumatras and White Ameraucanas, which aren't on the list. There are several others that need work also.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com