[Jacob-list] alfalfa cuttings

Brenalan Farm info at brenalanfarm.com
Tue Jun 24 12:17:29 EDT 2008

I would appreciate hearing more about how the different cuttings of alfalfa compare and which are most suitable for Jacobs. Lately our prices have been very comparable for grass hay vs. alfalfa. It also seems that whether Jacobs need alfalfa or not, most of our show winners are getting it. Another question I have is about the relative value of pasture at different moisture levels. Sometimes I have grass that looks fabulous, but it doesn't seem to "grow" sheep better than the dryer grass once the rain slows. My intuition is that some of our rainy season grass is hardly more than green water. I appreciate all the good info shared on this list about feeding.

Brenda