[Jacob-list] Sick ewe

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 15:25:03 EDT 2008

Hopefully, you will receive advice from more experienced folks. I would
start to get the rumen going again. Ideally, do a cud transplant from a
healthy sheep. When it happened to me, the vets took a cud sample from a
cow and gave it to my ewe, I was at the vet school on the campus of WSU.
Perhaps the microbes in yogurt and/or Probios will do it. Yogurt with live
cultures might do it. I just prefer trying to get the real thing (cud)
from another ruminant. Give her plenty of grass hay to get and keep the
rumen going. Keep up with the electrolytes if she is still sick, I don't
know about giving more antibiotics.

Good luck,
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho