[Jacob-list] Opinion regarding "true Jacob"

fourhornfarm fourhornfarm at verizon.net
Tue Jun 3 12:06:05 EDT 2008

Well said Mark.
I think we often say things that offend others, myself included, not realizing it because we all have different ideas like Jacobs all have different spotting patterns. We also need to be forgiving and hope they didn't realize what they were saying.
I too prefer Jacobs with knee and hock spots, black muzzles and 4Hs, but do have some ewes in our flock that have white legs and some are 2H too.
Some of the things that I think are important are keeping our Jacob breed hardy and primitive in nature. That fine bone, deer like conformation, ease of lambing and good mothering ability, parasite resistance etc. are a great part of what makes Jacobs what they are.

Carl