[Jacob-list] More Showing Questions..Halters

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 11:59:40 EST 2008

What is the breed standard concerning showing with or without halters?

I grew up showing Cheviots.. So we never considered showin in a halter... But learned at Estes Park Wool Festival.. .At least at that show... Halters were reccomended....

We are showing at the National Western, in a Natural Colored Sheep Show.....I have not gotten this question answered yet.....

Additionally, I am a bit concerened how to hold onto these big 4 horn rams.....

With the Cheviots, it was easy to grasp under their chin and behind the poll .... There are a few things in the way with these Jacobs.. I suppose I can hang onto a horn.. But am a bit confused.....As on thes guys with a dropping side horn.... holding onto the chin isnt really an option!

The Judge is?Wes Limesand of Fargo, ND.... Any one have any input?

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch
Bennett, CO