[Jacob-list] More lambs

Timber Acres timberacres at peak.org
Sun Feb 24 23:47:09 EST 2008

Hi All,

We had two more lambs this past Friday......our first lamb was born on a Friday as well. I guess it is the year for the ram lamb...as we are 3 for 3 now! Hmmmmmmm are you seeing a pattern?!!!!

Betty ended up having a Lilac ram and a very Black/white ram lamb...definitely not identical twins:) LOL The Lilac ram's one eye patch ended up on the other side of his face on his cheek (bummer) and he has very blue eyes...very interesting to see how different the lambs are and also how the Lilac gene has come through which I really wasn't expecting. Betty is a Black/White ewe and the sire, Outback a Lilac. I will have to see if I can find a pedigree for Betty to see where she might have some Lilacs behind her.

Breeding is a crap shoot but it is very interesting to see how things work out or don't work out - very educational and it seems we never stop learning!

Lisa Stirnemann
Timber Acres
Philomath, Oregon
www.timber-acres.com