[Jacob-list] Attention Jacob Breeders!!!!!!!!!!!

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 23 21:12:36 EST 2008

>> I do not believe this is limited to Texas though. I think you will find

similar websites wherever there are "exotic" game ranches. I would

>>suspect they have the same issue in colorado, wyoming, montana, and idaho

-- at least.
==========
Yes, it happens here in northern Idaho - eastern WA. I will get phone
calls and emails for mature rams with great horns and when I tell them that
I know someone selling a beautifully marked 4-horn yearling, they are not
interested. The same guy has called me for various ram ads I have placed.
I stopped taking his calls. Sometimes it's easy to tell if they want
hunting stock or a trophy head.

They also have elk ranches where hunters kill them inside the fenced areas
(wow, mighty hunters!). However, these are being closed down because
sometimes the elk go right through the fence and then they mingle with the
wild elk, thus risking spread of diseases to the wild population. These
ranch owners might turn to keeping Jacobs instead.

I won't take my old rams to the local livestock auction, this is where the
'hunters' look for and sometimes find the 'trophy bucks'. If anyone is
going to mount my rams' heads over the fireplace, it will be me. But I
won't kill them for it.

As for eBay, if enough people object to these online auctions, they might
stop them and not allow it anymore.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho