[Jacob-list] Mid west Jacobs

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri Feb 22 16:05:20 EST 2008

I asked Edd at AGM and he said as far he knew, he had the rights to the tape and we would be welcome to copy it onto DVD and distribute copies as we saw fit. There was some talk of him rounding up other tapes to have copied to DVD. I think Beth Jones had volunteered Tony for the job?

Edd's Edd! Great stories, full of energy and a delight to be around. It was a real pleasure to meet Luther for the first time. He was honored with a life time achievement award from JSBA for his 20 years of serving as in inspector. He says he'll be getting Jacobs again in a couple years, so we hope be seeing some Hardy Hills again. And speaking of registration - I wish Edd had registered longer. He had some wonderful primitive sheep and it would have been nice to have more in the flock books.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com

> I have Anita's post on a backup of an old computer, somewhere.

> Anita's letter has been posted here before, do we have archives on

> this list? I also have a copy of Edd's tape on VHS. I am afraid

> to watch it for fear that my VCR may eat it. I also hate to start

> naming names for fear that I will insult somebody by omission.

> Ingrid Painter's book also is a good source of earlier Jacobs. I

> might be able to find Edd's tape if anybody wanted to make DVD's

> off of it. Would that be legal, are there any copyright issues?

> Does JSBA still have the tape available? By the way, How are Edd

> and Luther doing?

>>> mid-west. Most of these auctions do not brag on (or even

>>> mention) registration, but some of the best looking primitive

>>> type Jacobs I have seen have been at some of these auctions

>>> (some real crap is available also). As somebody has already

>>> pointed out, you need to keep an eye on offspring for a few

>>> generations to be sure that you actually bought a jacobs.

>>> After all, these can be the very definition of unknow

>>> background. But a lot of people that raise jacobs want to

>>> raise pure jacobs, regardless of paperwork. When I go to the

>>> farms of some of these people, many of them have never heard of

>>> some of the names of farms, farmers, and flocks that some of us

>>> old-timers hold in such reverence. But they certainly have a

>>> high regard of the breed.

>>> As far as money goes, the highest prices I have ever seen go to

>>> the rams with the nicest set of four horns. I saw a beatutiful

>>> white four horn ram sell for twelve hundred dollars. He sold

>>> at a sale in Tennessee and then went to a hunting ranch in

>>> Texas. Obviously they did not care that he was not pure Jacob,